Seed bombs, also known as "seed balls", are small balls made from a mixture of soil, clay and seeds. They are used as an ecological planting method to restore vegetation in degraded or unvegetated areas.
Made from recycled ingredients from the production of our Lingots, seed bombs avoid wasting resources.
One bag contains 4 seed bombs: aromatic herbs, greens, flowers and mini-fruits & vegetables.
|Handmade in France||Bee-friendly||Made from 100% recycled materials||Compostable & biodegradable||French seed companies|
Seed bombs are a creative and practical tool to promote reforestation, ecological restoration and biodiversity conservation in areas where natural vegetation has been disturbed.
Seed bombs are usually hand-launched in places where natural plant growth is difficult, such as wastelands, industrial wastelands, road embankments, roadsides, or even urban gardens. The aim is to allow seeds to germinate and grow, creating habitats favorable to biodiversity, particularly for pollinating insects and birds.
The advantage of seed bombs is that they offer a simple, fun method of planting seeds, without the need for tools or special expertise. Seed bombs protect seeds from the elements and predators until environmental conditions are right for germination.
This solution is 100% biodegradable and benefits biodiversity.
One bag contains 4 seed bombs:
- Green= aromatic seeds : Basil, Chives, Coriander, Mint, Marjoram, Thyme, Dill, Parsley
- Red= greens seeds: Lettuce, Mizuna, Spinach, Cress, Lamb's lettuce, Orrach
- Violet= flower seeds: Zinnia, Petunia, Pansy, Sunflower, Carnation, Lavender, Poppy
- Grey= mini-fruit & vegetable seeds: Pepper, Chilli, Tomato
How to use Seed Bombs?
2 possible uses:
- Method A: Toss on soil and let the sun & rain do the rest.
- Method B: Plant half in soil, keep moist until seedlings appear.
1: Throw or half-bury the seed bomb
2: The seedbomb has found a comfortable place to grow
3: Water regularly or let the rain do its work
4: The seed bomb will begin to germinate between 3 and 12 days depending on conditions.
A 100% recycled product!
At Véritable®, we are committed to reducing waste.
Our seed bombs are fully recycled:
- No plastic used
- Eco-responsible packaging: biodegradable fiber bag, recyclable & recycled paper
- Made from imperfect, unmarketable Lingots®: scraps are crushed and used to make seed bombs
- The seeds used come from batches too small to be used on Lingots® production lines
- Thanks to seed bombs, Véritable® no longer has any Lingot® or seed production rejects
|Abmessungen||8 x 8 x 2 cm|
|Material||bag made of biodegradable fibers, recyclable & recycled paper|
|Ursprungsort||100% designed, assembled and made in France|
|Ingredients||Coconut fiber, clay, fertilizer, seeds (2g/bomb)|